From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] chromium shortcuts?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 22:05:56
1 Compile time for Chromium currently seems to run about four hours on an i7-9700.
2
3 -----Original Message-----
4 From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
5 Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2022 2:26 PM
6 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chromium shortcuts?
8
9 On Sun, May 29, 2022 at 10:16 PM wkuz@××.pl <wkuz@××.pl> wrote:
10 >
11 > If non-free software is not of any concern for you, then maybe try
12 > Vivaldi browser? It is based on the same engine and feels quite like
13 > chromium but with many many more options (USE=widevine for netflix ;)
14 > )
15 >
16 I have no concerns regarding licensing et al., but I once tried Vivaldi and was not impressed (I don't remember why). I'm into chrom* only because it provides a smooth experience re youtube & gmail. I don't think other browsers can do it, but I wouldn't mind being wrong.
17
18 BTW: chromium also has a "widevine" flag. I don't know how much time does it take to compile chromium nowadays, but I don't have netflix anyway :(