From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revisit bouncing messages from this list
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 14:24:37
1 On 9/19/21 05:08, tastytea wrote:
2 > On 2021-09-18 18:00-0400 Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> I reread most of two threads about this from 2018 and 2019, and there
4 >> was a post that seemed to imply there was a way to translate the
5 >> message number (196927 was the latest from this list for me) to a URL
6 >> to see the message in the list archives at gentoo.org. Does such a
7 >> translation actually exist, and can someone point me to it?
8 > You can search the message with marc.info, the syntax is
9 > <https://marc.info/?i=[Message-Id]>, for your e-mail it would be
10 > <https://marc.info/?i=RNSQBYSM.LJDOAC3M.UQQ2ORSM@××××××××.IVSRWZWW.352VGHH4>.
11 >
12 > Or you could use a web search machine and search for
13 > site:archives.gentoo.org "RNSQBYSM.LJDOAC3M.UQQ2ORSM@××××××××.IVSRWZWW.352VGHH4"
14 >
15 > Kind regards, tastytea
16 Thanks but that doesn't help me.  I have 196927 available as a message
17 number.  How do I go from that to the message-id like
18 RNSQBYSM.LJDOAC3M.UQQ2ORSM@××××××××.IVSRWZWW.352VGHH4?  (The number is
19 for a message that bounced, the id is for the message I sent.)  I know I
20 could find that id in the headers, but I don't have the headers since I
21 never received the message.