From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running out of space on /var partition
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:48:49
1 On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:58:28 -0500, Dale wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >
9 > > I have 16Gbs here. It's not like I'm going to run out or anything. I
10 > can
11 > > put half on tmpfs and still have 8Gbs left. That is more than enough to
12 > > compile even OOo with no space problems.
13 > >
14 > > Thoughts?
15 >
16 > This is Gentoo, where all us users are reputed to spend their days
17 > passing around benchmarks of "emerge -e world", right?
18 >
19 > Try it. :)
22 > --
23 > :wq
24 >
25 > I would like to jump and say NO, but looking at myself last night, running
26 emerge -e world in both of my comps ;-)
27 I guess I need to play more with my child.
28
29 I have 8GB and tempfs on /var/tmp. Libreoffice compiled well, but didn't
30 check the timings.
31 Kfir