From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 10:01:06
1 Greetings,
2
3 On Tuesday, 2021-07-27 20:02:07 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
4
5 > ...
6 > Heck, when I first ran --depclean, there
7 > were something like 220 packages to be removed. It would be very easy
8 > to have missed openrc. (Shameless plug) only my kernel patch which
9 > restores soft scroll enabled me to scroll back and see the warning.
10
11 This caused me to make a mental note to always pipe the output from com-
12 mand "emerge --depclean" into "less". However, this didn't work. There
13 was only a single package to be removed causing "less" to simply termin-
14 ate without further action, but "emerge" just stalled and never asked me
15 whether or not to continue.
16
17 Any thoughts about how to solve this?
18
19 Sincerely,
20 Rainer