From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:10:04
1 On 07/10/2009 09:13 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi folks.
3 >
4 > Word of warning. I been upset before, I have even been mad before,
5 > right now, I'm pissed. This is not normal for me but it is what it is.
6 >
7 > I tried the new xorg with the hal flag turned on. Let's just say it was
8 > a nightmare, AGAIN. I want my old way back to say it lightly. I put
9 > -hal in package.use for xorg-server. I put my old xorg.conf file back
10 > as well. I re-emerged the keyboard, mouse, video and evdev just in case
11 > it mattered. I also re-emerged xorg-server. My problem you ask. The
12 > nvidia drivers won't load. It defaults to the nv drivers. No splash
13 > screen anymore. Also, my mouse wheel doesn't work anymore either. That
14 > really set me off. I use my wheel as much as I use the left button.
15
16 Ouch. I've developed an ulcer just reading Kevin's thread from the last
17 several days. Marc just posted what I was going to say about nVidia, so
18 I'll just mention that I just posted a comment in Kevin's thread about
19 my mouse configuration, which I hope someone will find useful.
20
21 Sorry if I'm repeating stuff from the other thread -- I've solved a few
22 very confusing problems with the use of lshal and by turning on verbose
23 logging for the X server (X -logverbose).