From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bridge
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:11:46
1 On 07/10/11 10:50, Daniel Hilst Selli wrote:
2 > Hi people, I'm using brctl to create bridges for some qemu guests...
3 >
4 > I create a br0 with brctl addbr br0
5 > the I attach my wireless card to it with brctl addif br0 eth1
6 >
7 > Then some times I get right ip with dhcpcd br0 (after doing 'ifconfig
8 > br0 promisc up')
9 > but some times I got an strange ip
10 > The questions are
11 > What the promisc means?
12 >
13 > I can't understand for really the bridge concepts .. I just know that
14 > you attach
15 > cards to it, but can't understand how it route things
16 >
17 > cheers
18
19 Hi Daniel,
20
21 What instructions were you following that told you to use promiscuous
22 mode on the wireless card? For normal operation, the card should
23 (usually) be in managed mode.
24
25 - Matt