From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard is dead after emerge-update
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:04:23
1 On Monday 21 March 2016 10:52:26 Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Anyone who boots directly to X'doze without first going through a safe
3 > console login is a raging mad lunatic who needs his head examined. This
4 > is linux we are talking about. It's crap. It always has been crap, and
5 > it always will be crap. Never ever ever trust it. I leave my computer on
6 > continuously because booting it is such a risk. Every single time I load
7 > X'doze and find that my keyboard and mouse are working I ghasp with
8 > surprise. The linux developers, or the penguins as I like to call them
9 > are so smug on the sublime superiority of the open source approach that
10 > they never bother to design essential things such as fail-safe design,
11 > fallback drivers, stable apis so that it doesn't just die if it's not
12 > compiled against this specific point release. ... You know, the kind of
13 > things that any competent programmer would think about. =|
14
15 --->8
16
17 > IQ is a measure of how stupid you feel.
18
19 Indeed.
22 Rgds
23 Peter