From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} backups... still backups....
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 23:14:11
1 > That' how we do it. The backuppc server is in our local lan, and only
2 > accessible from local lan. It pulls backups from all our machines in
3 > offsite data centers. To compromise our backuppc machine one would have
4 > to physically break into our companies building.
5 > But if somebody has physical access to the machine on which you store
6 > your backups, you're screwed, no matter if you use push or pull backup :)
7
8 I'd rather lose my backups than lose my backups and give up root
9 read/write to every system I back up. :)
10
11 - Grant