From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash-completion question(s)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 10:38:27
1 Corbin Bird wrote:
2 > The package "sys-boot/grub:2" popped this warning during updates :
3 >
4 >> Problems with installed bash completions were found:
5 >>
6 >> grub: 'have' command is deprecated and must not be used.
7 >> grub: incorrect name, no completions for 'grub' command defined.
8 >> grub-mkconfig: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
9 >> grub-mkpasswd-pbkdf2: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
10 >> grub-mkrescue: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
11 >> grub-reboot: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
12 >> grub-editenv: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
13 >> grub-set-default: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
14 >> grub-mkimage: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
15 >> grub-sparc64-setup: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
16 >> grub-bios-setup: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
17 >> grub-script-check: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
18 >> grub-probe: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
19 >> grub-mkfont: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
20 >> grub-install: missing alias (symlink) for completed command.
21 > No "grub" entries found at all in "/usr/share/bash-completions".
22 >
23 > Is it correct to assume any "bash-completions" are strictly personal
24 > choice and NOT technically required?
27 I emerged grub here to see if I would get any of those messages. I
28 didn't. It merged cleanly as far as I can tell. This is the version I
29 have:
30
31 sys-boot/grub-2.02_beta3-r1
32
33 As far as your question, the package itself should work with or without
34 bash-completion. As far as I know, it only affects using tab to
35 complete commands/options.
36
37 Dale
38