From: "wkuz@××.pl" <wkuz@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-user] Sound control in Enlightenment
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 14:50:55
1 Dnia 2022-06-12, o godz. 21:04:17
2 Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sunday, 12 June 2022 17:13:46 BST wkuz@××.pl wrote:
5 > > I have just reinstalled my Gentoo and discovered some unwanted
6 > > change. Last time "Mixer" had the ability to:
7 > > 1) choose which sound output to use when connected to my
8 > > bluetooth speaker
9 > > 2) set volume above 100%
10 > > 3) every sound playing app could get configured separately
11 > > from system master volume by app's title bar
12 > >
13 > > Now all those features are missing. I guess it's either some app not
14 > > being installed or some USE flag not set. Another possibility is
15 > > that last time I had ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" which now I decided
16 > > to drop.
17 >
18 > I'm on a stable arch, x11-wm/enlightenment-0.25.3 and
19 > dev-libs/efl-1.26.2. With the pulseaudio USE flag not set I get no
20 > sound through the laptop built in speaker. On another system which
21 > has pulseaudio set for efl, I recall sound works, but I have not
22 > tested it lately to confirm. I'll get to it within a week or so and
23 > can check if sound works as it should/used to.
24 >
25 > > Any ideas if there is possibility to get those features back?
26 > >
27 > > --
28 > > xWK
29 >
30 > In the first instance check efl is compiled with USE="pulseaudio".
31
32 Hello!
33 I managed to solve it. Just had to rebuild Enlightenment so it can see
34 newly-built EFL. Thanks a lot for help.
37 xWK