From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple TV Cards.
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 02:18:49
1 2008/6/21 Andrew MacKenzie <amackenz@×××××××.com>:
2 > +++ Duane Griffin [gentoo-user] [Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:53:38PM +0100]:
3 >> Nope, it doesn't work like that. But luckily, there is another way.
4 >> The tuner parameter is an array. Try "tuner=-1,2" to auto-detect on
5 >> the first card and specify the tuner explicitly for the second.
6 > Sweet, I never knew that! Is this 'standard' for options passed to modules
7 > (so if I needed to do something similar with two NICs)?
8
9 It depends on the specific parameter/module. You can see the parameter
10 types in their description using modinfo. For example, "/sbin/modinfo
11 e1000e" shows most parameters with type "array of int". These will
12 probably work in a similar way. However the "copybreak" parameter has
13 type "uint", so that can only be set to a single value globally.
14
15 You may also find it useful to check existing parameter values by
16 looking at /sys/module/<module>/parameters/<parameter> files.
17
18 Cheers,
19 Duane.
22 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list