From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time to move on?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:21:52
1 On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Wednesday 25 March 2009 16:54:21 Momesso Andrea wrote:
5 >>> Unfortunatly my BlackBerry doesn't allow bottom posting. I hope you guys
6 >>> forgive me for the few times I answer on this list using my mobile
7 >>> device.
8 >>
9 >> What? There's no down arrow on a BlackBerry?
10 >>
11 >> I don't have one of those devices, and fully intend to never have one, so if
12 >> there's a stupid implementation of the reply function, I'd never know it. But
13 >> just asking, that's all.
14 >
15 > There are many devices and webmail services that do quoting in the
16 > "Microsoft Outlook" style -- putting a one-line divider between the
17 > reply and the original message. No indentation or nesting of replies.
18 > This makes it harder to reply to specific parts of e-mails, but does
19 > show you the entire conversation unaltered (when everyone uses
20 > Outlook, anyway) -- and some companies actually /require/ that style
21 > of quoting, believe it or not.
22
23 I will add that e-mail clients that are geared toward HTML e-mail tend
24 to go the top-posting route, too, because doing the traditional
25 quoting of HTML e-mails is nearly impossible.