From: Vikas BN <pandita.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dispaly problems on external monitor
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 05:44:20
1 Hi Folks,
2
3 I have a laptop Dell D610 at work and i installed gentoo
4 on that. I have a docking station and a DEll 1905FP external
5 monitor connected to the docking station through a DVI port.
6
7 I could install gentoo from the live-cd (minimal-iso) and the
8 display was showing up on the external monitor. However, after
9 i compiled the kernel and booted from it, the external monitor
10 blanks after the radeonfb loads and the boot messages switch
11 to a better resolution with tux logo.
12
13 I compiled this support into the kernel while configuring it.
14 Now i can work using the laptop LCD, but not using the external
15 monitor.
16
17 The laptop has an ATI mobility video card (M22) and the laptop
18 LCD can do 1024x768 and the external monitor can do 1280x1024@75Hz.
19
20 Is there something that i forgot to configure in the kernel?
21
22 -vikas