From: Aiko Barz <aiko@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Linux/Active Directory - Multible Subdomains
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:53:13
1 Hi,
2
3 Question:
4 Is it possible to create an Active Directory forest with multible
5 subdomains and make Linux know everything about each Windows domain?
6
7 Right now, we have one domain and it is possible to do authentication
8 against the Active Directory. But now, another department would like to
9 have its own directory/sub-domain. This means: uid=xyz could be
10 located on two different directory servers within the Active Directory
11 forest.
12
13 AFAIK, I can only ask one Active Directory server while using LDAP and
14 this server only knows the people from its own domain. Am I right?
15
16 Regards,
17 Aiko
18 --