From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/motd and /etc/issue just error out....
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:49:58
1 On Thursday 08 July 2010 21:25:03 David W Noon wrote:
2 > >Is sshd configured to use login, or to do all that itself?
3 > >/etc/issue doesn't show up on console logins, it is for ancient stuff
4 > >like telnet and rlogin, never for console login.
5 >
6 > I thought /etc/issue was for the *getty programs to emit a pre-login
7 > greeting/warning/whatever, and was unrelated to login.
8
9 Yes, you are right. The one for network logins is /etc/netissue or issue-net
10 or some such.
11
12 It's been years since I went anywhere near that stuff, and wetware RAM is
13 notoriously bad ;-)
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com