From: TN <tnuro@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] resuming emerges
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:57:11
1 Hi all,
2 I see that emerge has a resume option - but it only compiles from where
3 the the previous emerge was stopped and when you issue a resume, it
4 starts at the beginning of the next package to be emerged.
5
6 Is it possible to get emerge to continue from where the actual compile
7 was broken (ie. not recompile from the package beginning, but rather
8 from within the package itself ?)
9 I find a constant problem in that large packages take so long to
10 compile, that I need to shutdown my laptop before an emerge is complete
11 (to go home or whatever), and then I have to start from the beginning
12 again.....OO takes around 6 hours for me, and it seems that this would
13 be reasonable to implement so that emerges could be resumed from the
14 last source file where the compilation was halted ?
15 The option should be able to ask emerge to start compiling the package
16 without un-compressing and cleaning up the last compile I'd assume.
17
18 thanks.
19 Trevor
20