From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot connect hp 840c on parallel port.
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:13:17
1 On Thursday 03 September 2009, vasya wrote:
2 > Hi. Here some problem - can't connect printer hp 840c on parallel port
3 > LPT1. Necessary kernel modules I've enabled. But CUPS by foomatic db or
4 > hplip by their own drivers can't detect this printer. Hplip tells me that
5 > "error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality."
6 > but printer on LPT port. CUPS can add this printer but can't print. How I
7 > can resolve it and what information I need to show you? Version of hplip -
8 > 3.9.4b-r1
9
10 Are you sure that you have configured parallel ports in your kernel?
11
12 What are you getting when you run:
13
14 dmesg | grep -i parport