From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backups
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:30:37
1 On Sunday 30 September 2007 12:31:51 pm Grant wrote:
2 > > Do you back up anything other than /etc and /home on a standard system?
3
4 snip...
5
6 Just my two cents worth here. Often I find a need to generate a duplicate of
7 an existing gentoo installation and to ease the build process I run this
8 script via cron...
9
10 #!/bin/sh
11
12 rm /portage.list/*.*
13
14 emerge -pe --color=n system > /portage.list/system.list
15 emerge -pe --color=n world > /portage.list/world.list
16
17 Basicly it generates a list of installed ebuilds for both the system and world
18 model.
19
20 In my normal backup routines I add /portage.list... A great way to help
21 rebuild an exact duplicate of an existing gentoo box.
22
23 Cheers...
28 From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
29 --