From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PHP 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:02:48
1 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl <at> libertytrek.org> writes:
4 > I have a VM running in the cloud that has an old web/php app (10+ years
5 > old, believe it or not), that still runs fine on apache 2.2.25, but I
6 > pinned php to 5.3 some time ago.
7
8 googling for "vulnerabilities in php 5.3"
9 yeilded many interesting links. Here is one:
10
11 http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-74/product_id-128/version_id-97802/PHP-PHP-5.3.3.html
15 > Does anyone see any big potential gotchas (major changes) with php 5.4,
16 > or even 5.5, if I were to upgrade it?
17
18 Security wise, there are many tools for testing the security of
19 your web server, hopefully, you are concurrent on your server
20 testing:
21
22 http://projects.webappsec.org/w/page/13246988/Web Application Security
23 Scanner List
24
25 open source list at the bottom....
29 Google for php-<version>-bugs to see if any related to your
30 servers.
31
32 If what you have done is secure, then it *should* be ok, just
33 monitor and watch your logs closely for a while.
34
35 hth,
36 James