From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I thought /etc/X11/xorg.conf was set in stone
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:53:31
1 On Wednesday 27 July 2005 01:54, George Roberts wrote:
2 > I have noticed in the last couple days that rolling the wheel on my
3 > mouse is not scrolling through webpages or email.
4 > I checked my /etc/X11/xorg.conf and it had not been changed. Just to be
5 > sure it is not a broken mouse I booted into Mandrake and tested it
6 > there, mouse scrolled like a charm. After I booted back to Gentoo, the
7 > mouse was still not working. I decided to steal the setting from
8 > Mandrake's XF86Config, since it was working there.
9 > I changed my /etc/X11/xorg.conf from:
10 > Identifier "Mouse1"
11 > Driver "mouse"
12 > Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
13 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
14 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
17 > Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
18
19 should be