From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install Gentoo 64bit from 32bit running enviroment
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 00:04:52
1 I'm pretty sure chrooting to 64bit from 32 bit kernel won't work, so
2 you'll have to reboot into a 64 bit environment.
3
4 On 12/24/09, Carlos Moyano Cubillos <cmcglnx@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Dear friends,
6 >
7 > I have a gentoo system running 32bit .. and I have a 30GB partition
8 > available on which I would like to install a 64bit Gentoo to test for
9 > 64bit extensions processor supports .
12 > someone could help me and tell me how to proceed with this
13 > installation from my running system without having to reboot with a
14 > livecd.
18 > Here's the processor info:
19 >
20 > processor : 1
21 > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
22 > cpu family : 6
23 > model : 23
24 > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
25 > stepping : 10
26 > cpu MHz : 800.000
27 > cache size : 3072 KB
28 > physical id : 0
29 > siblings : 2
30 > core id : 1
31 > cpu cores : 2
32 > apicid : 1
33 > initial apicid : 1
34 > fdiv_bug : no
35 > hlt_bug : no
36 > f00f_bug : no
37 > coma_bug : no
38 > fpu : yes
39 > fpu_exception : yes
40 > cpuid level : 13
41 > wp : yes
42 > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
43 > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
44 > lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor
45 > ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm ida
46 > tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
47 > bogomips : 4787.75
48 > clflush size : 64
49 > cache_alignment : 64
50 > address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
51 > power management:
55 > greetings
56 >
57 > --