From: "Jc García" <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No 'libs' in world file?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 14:43:03
1 2015-03-02 8:29 GMT-06:00 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>:
2
3 > So, should I delete all of these? Even glib and glibc?
6 Ideally you only want the applications you actually use directly in
7 your world file, and let portage solve the dependencies for those. If
8 you really need to emerge a library installed by hand use 'emerge
9 --oneshot' so it doesn't get added to the world file. I would bet
10 glibc is already in the @system set or pulled as a dependency for
11 that. so yes remove it from your world.
12
13 > Also - is there a definitive guide (preferably for non programmer types)
14 > on just how to properly clean the world file?
17 Choose the applications from your world file and "emerge --deselect"
18 everything else, this wont uninstall anything, just delete some lines
19 from the world file.
20
21 From my own experience, you could get portage to show errors of 100+
22 lines for not having a proper world file(and some stupid stuff in
23 package.accept_keywords), and untangle those is not fun at all.