From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS for Pentium Dual Core E2160 ?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:32:43
1 Greets, I recently bought a new CPU for my mythtv-box, it's a Pentium
2 Dual E2160 ....
3
4 Currently I use
5
6 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
7
8 as I moved the system over from a Pentium 4 (which just crashed).
9
10 Things work fine so far, I checked google and
11 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags for a hint, also browsed the
12 GCC-docs, but haven't yet found anything specific.
13
14 It's not really important, I don't face any problems, but as I just
15 think of it again I thought I just post a request, as that CPU isn't
16 mentioned in that Wiki-page.
17
18 Any recommended "-march" for that CPU? Maybe it helps with mythtv.
19
20 Thanks in advance, Stefan.
21
22 ===> (the following shows 1200 MHz because of cpufreqd ...)
23
24 # cat /proc/cpuinfo
25 processor : 0
26 vendor_id : GenuineIntel
27 cpu family : 6
28 model : 15
29 model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz
30 stepping : 13
31 cpu MHz : 1200.000
32 cache size : 1024 KB
33 physical id : 0
34 siblings : 2
35 core id : 0
36 cpu cores : 2
37 fdiv_bug : no
38 hlt_bug : no
39 f00f_bug : no
40 coma_bug : no
41 fpu : yes
42 fpu_exception : yes
43 cpuid level : 10
44 wp : yes
45 flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
46 mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
47 constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
48 bogomips : 3601.80
49 clflush size : 64
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list