From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc update 2.16 > 2.17 - python relocation error at end of emerge
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 09:24:45
1 On 08/01/2014 20:03, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2014-01-08 11:54 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> I just updated glibc to 2.1.17, and got the following error at the very
4 >> end of the emerge:
5 >>
6 >>> /usr/bin/python2.7: relocation error: /lib64/libresolv.so.2: symbol
7 >>> __sendmmsg, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with
8 >>> lin k time
9 >>> reference
10 >>
11 >> Is this something to worry about?
12 >
13 > After some googling...
14 >
15 > Could this have anything to do with the fact that I don't have either of
16 > these set in /etc/portage/make.comf:
17 >
18 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_3"
19 > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
20 >
21 > ?
22 >
23 > Just added them and am remerging glibc... sill see what happens...
26 I doubt the missing entries are relevant, they just set defaults.
27 Without PYTHON_TARGETS portage installs all python versions, the
28 settings just restricts it to the ones you want.
29
30 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET says which python to use if there can only be one,
31 the ebuild normally sets this itself.
32
33 I'd be surprised if the change made a difference, but if it does that
34 would be an interesting bug to track down
37 Alan McKinnon
38 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com