From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] executing a file on a usb thumb drive
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 01:40:28
1 Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
2 > Dale,
3 >
4 > On Saturday, 2020-03-21 13:01:01 -0500, you wrote:
5 >
6 >> ...
7 >>   Thing is, if I
8 >> give it to someone who uses windoze, can they just put in the password
9 >> and open it or does it have to be on the original system?
10 > They just have VeraCrypt to be installed and they have to know the cred-
11 > entials, which may be a password and/or a certain file on each system.
12 >
13 >>   Basically, I'd like to transfer
14 >> files from one system to another but it be encrypted while in transit.
15 >> I use Linux, they use windoze tho.  That make sense?
16 > I do exactly that: transfering files from Gentoo to Windows and back.
17 > And if anybody else would try to read the USB stick they would only find
18 > white noise on it.
19 >
20 > Sincerely,
21 > Rainer
25 Thank you.  That is MOST helpful.  I want to document some things and
26 leave it behind, after I'm dead and gone, but I want a certain person to
27 be able to access it.  They will have the password.  Thing is, until
28 then, I don't want anyone to be able to see it or anything. This will
29 work very nicely.
30
31 Off to youtube to see this thing in action.  ;-)
32
33 Dale
34