From: Greg Bowser <topnotcher@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time format in log files
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:14:47
1 Hi,
2 Those dates are in a format called "unix timestamps", which represent
3 the number of seconds since the unix epoch (Jaunuary 1st, 1970). You
4 can get the current unix timestamp via the date command (date +%s). As
5 far as any command-line utility to convert them,I leave that to
6 Google. However, most programming languages provide functions to
7 convert between timestamp formats.
8
9 -- Greg
10