From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 00:49:13
1 On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:10:48PM -0400, Penguin Lover Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov squawked:
2 > Who is in charge of the mailing lists and would be the best person to
3 > suggest this to? Should I send this to a different gentoo-* list?
4
5 Big discussion over this about 18 months ago.
6
7 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/120320/focus=120320
8
9 The change was made as you suggested, without announcement.
10 Some users noticed, some didn't.
11 One person asked about the change.
12 The whole thing eventually degenerated into a big hoopla and the
13 change reverted.
14
15 Personally I don't care either way. My preferred MUA (mutt) is smart
16 enough and configurable enough to treat mailing lists properly.
17
18 Best,
19
20 W
23 Q: Why is the CERN ion accelerator circular and not linear?
24 A: It crosses international borders and Switzerland must remain neutral.
25 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 5 days, 3:40
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list