From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] youtube-dl and the conf file.
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 22:57:39
1 On 2020.10.30 18:36, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 22:56, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > wget https://yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl -O
4 > > /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl
5 > > chmod a+rx /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl
6 >
7 > This should work just fine, you just need to specify the path when you
8 > want to use it.
9 >
10 > Not sure how wise the following is, but you could also just put it
11 > directly in /usr/bin/ as well, and then it would continue to work as
12 > normal, and portage would update it when/if a new version is released.
13 >
14 > Regards,
15 > Arve
16 I put such things (or links to them) in /usr/local/bin. That way I can
17 easily see what stuff I've installed that way.