From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 ??
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 01:57:37
1 On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 12:14 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > Since I don't teach again until sept, this seems like a good time to try
3 > gnome 3. Before I do, I wonder how others have fared.
4 >
5 > This is gnome 3 vs gnome 2 (not kde).
6 >
7 > thanks,
8 > allan
9 >
10 > PS my system is ~amd64.
13 I am in the same situation - a month or so to sort out any problems so
14 its time to make the leap now.
15
16 I have used gnome for the last 10 years and its often t'd me off so much
17 I have almost, but not quite made the jump to KDE (I did install KDE on
18 all my desktops though :)
19
20 Some of my colleagues are using "unity" on ubuntu and that looks nice
21 and suits my workflow more than the current gnome, and far more than
22 gnome3.
23
24 Is it possible to install/use unity on gentoo?
25
26 BillK