From: Andrew <imslacker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Configuring a USB headset
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 19:11:55
1 Hi all,
2 I'm trying to configure an Altec Lansing USB headset (earphone/microphone
3 combo). Both the earphone and microphone jacks are plugged into the same
4 USB connector. When I plug it in dmesg detects it with:
5
6 > usb 2-2: USB disconnect, address 2
7 >
8 usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
9 >
10 usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
11 >
12 input: C-Media USB Headphone Set as /class/input/input3
13 >
14 input: USB HID v1.00 Device [C-Media USB Headphone Set ] on usb-0000:00:
15 > 1d.0-2
18 However, I'm really not sure where to go from here to get alsa to use the
19 new headset; everything still goes to the speakers. How would I go about
20 switching between the headphones and speakers (or maybe have them both
21 running?). Thanks =)