From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Can't load pictures from forum
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 21:14:13
1 Ernie Schroder wrote:
2 > Not Gentoo specific but apparently specific to Linux.
3 >
4 > I belong to several motorcycle forums and since a site upgrade on one of them
5 > a while back, clicking on posted thumbnails opens a new window with the .jpg
6 > code instead of the larger picture. It is only this one site that does this
7 > and it does the same thing in firefox, opera and konqueror. Below is the link
8 > from a right click on a thumbnail. Does the code look strange? I'm not a php
9 > guy and can't figure it out.
10 >
11 > http://www.harleyshoptalk.org/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=8197
14 It looks like the web server is not sending the correct content-type
15 headers to the clients. The one who is responsible for the web-server
16 should check the configuration files.
17
18 For more specific answer, please, give more info. At least the operating
19 system, web-server and php version. I assume it is some king of linux +
20 apache. Apache has a file called mime.types and this file should contain
21 a line like:
22
23 "image/jpeg jpeg jpg jpe"
24
25 and a file called "magic" (yes, magic, it's not a joke) which should
26 contain a line:
27
28 "0 beshort 0xffd8 image/jpeg"
32 HTH