From: Michael Pobega <pobega@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ekiga not finding v4l
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:30:54
1 On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 12:14:30PM -0500, Albert Hopkins wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 12:10 -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:
3 > [...]
4 > > now I have another issue, because my
5 > > microphone doesn't seem to want to work in Ekiga ... I can get
6 > > playback
7 > > through my speakers (using alsamixer) but no matter what I do I can't
8 > > get Ekiga's echoing system to echo back my microphone
9 > > (sip:500@×××××.net) ... It's frustrating at this point in time, but I
10 > > hope this is as easily solvable as the webcam issue.
11 >
12 > Make sure your microphone is unmuted (alsamixer). If applicable, make
13 > sure that your "capture device" is set to "microphone" (alsamixer -V
14 > capture).
17 Nope, not working. No matter what settings I use in alsamixer the
18 microphone doesn't seem to work with Ekiga's echo call ... So I don't
19 know where to go from here. Here is a screenshot with my alsamixer
20 settings
21
22 http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1757/alsamixer2wn3.jpg
25 If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
26 programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
27 restrict the use of these programs.
28 - Richard Stallman