From: "Covington
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Proliant 3000
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:27:00
1 >I have a Compaq Proliant 3000, w 6 18.2 SCSI disks I am building for a
2 >file server for my department. I have installed an IDE HD 40gig to hold
3
4 >the OS so as to reserve all the SCSI space for data. Problem is after
5 >installing twice and messing around I find that the firmware in teh
6 >3000's was not designed to support IDE HD's. I can install to it, I
7 >assume it is that it just won't boot to it. How do I build a floppy to
8 >just get the boot process tarted then look to teh HD for kernel and os?
9 >
10 >Does this make any sense to anyone?
11
12 Why don't you install the MBR on one of the SCSI disks and keep the O/S
13 & boot partition on the IDE drive?
14
15 ---
16 Chris Covington