From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell Inspiron 640m
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:50:00
1 On 03/07/2014 12:18:41 AM, Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > has someone this Notebook and can share the kernel config? I try and
6 > try
7 > but it will not work. I make naked make localyesconf and then activate
8 > the intel graphic card. But when start i can nothing see. The display
9 > is
10 > not blank but i can nothing see.
11 >
12 > Thank you for help & Nice Day
13 > Silvio
14
15 Sorry, I don't have such a machine.
16
17 I would download the most recent version of SystemRescueCD
18 (http://www.sysresccd.org/) and boot the machine with this
19 rescue CD. Then
20
21 - copy /proc/config.gz and study it, but it will most probably
22 include 'everything' as module.
23 Therefore
24
25 - lspci -k will tell you which drivers are actually used on your
26 machine
27
28 From this info you should be able to build your own kernel.
29
30 Helmut