From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless: deauthenticating by local choice
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:12:50
1 >> I'm on the road connecting to various wireless access points and
2 >> sometimes I'm unable to connect and I get the (try 1) (try 2) (try 3)
3 >> (timed out) messages in dmesg which makes sense.  Other times I get a
4 >> different series of messages in dmesg when I'm unable to connect which
5 >> don't make sense to me.  The interface connects, then disconnects,
6 >> then connects, then disconnects, over and over until it finally
7 >> decides to fail permanently.
8 >
9 > Have you tried disabling power saving mode? Something like:
10 >
11 > iwconfig wlan0 power off
12
13 I love this list. I don't want to speak too soon, but Paul, it looks
14 like you fixed it. I've been struggling with this for a very long
15 time. The problem would manifest with 2 different rt73 USB wireless
16 adapters.
17
18 - Grant