From: "Andrey F." <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Spectre and Meltdown summary
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 21:15:27
1 Thanks for the great summary! Having 2FA enabled for all accounts will
2 go a long way as well.
3
4 On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 4:21 AM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Browser stuff
6 >
7 > I'm guessing this relates to Variant1;
8 > @hackerfantastic "Blackhats will be weaponizing spectre to steal session
9 > cookies from additional websites opened in the browser, especially financial
10 > sites. Enable site isolation in Chrome now.
11 > https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7623121?hl=en-GB"
12 >
13 > Sounds like Mozilla will make some changes in Firefox 57 to make the attacks
14 > more difficult;
15 > "Our internal experiments confirm that it is possible to use similar
16 > techniques from Web content to read private information"
17 > https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/01/03/mitigations-landing-new-class-timing-attack/