From: Hans de Hartog <dehartog@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gcc problems after dep -d
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:23:21
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
4 > Oh, and just for the the record. Whatever you do with this don't downgrade
5 > glibc! :p That will make you even more screwed that you are already. I guess
6 > you've learned by now that you should never run --depclean blindly. Always
7 > run it with --pretend first and ensure that it doesn't do something stupid.
8 > Unfortunately this is a little late for that though... :(
11 At the time that emerge --depclean was unsafe I used to do:
12
13 emerge --pretend --depclean | grep / > dc2
14 remove the first line from dc2
15 for p in `cat dc2`
16 do echo --------- $p ----------
17 equery depends $p
18 done > dc3
19 And I could see what realy could be unmerged.
20 Then I learned from this mailing list that dep -d
21 would take my USE flags into account so I did "dep -d".
22 It showed me the list of things it was going to unmerge
23 and I saw the gcc.3.4 but thought: well, I know I have
24 gcc.4.something and what's the use of having an old
25 C compiler hanging around? So I let it go.... :-(
26
27 Now to solve the situation I did
28 gcc-config i386-pc-linux-gnu-4.1.1
29 and emerge is working more or less.
30 Now I'm going to emerge binutils, gcc and glibc
31 in the hope that everything will be allright.
32 Currently, I get lots of
33 "rc-scripts: gcc-config: Active gcc profile is invalid!"
34 in /var/log/messages.
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list