From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mediamanager tries to open wrong path
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:47:48
1 On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:21:51 +0100, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:
2
3 > > You need to set up udev rules to have persistent naming for your
4 > > devices, then KDE will use this to name the mount point. See
5 > > http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php
6 >
7 > Done too. udev creates a nice /dev/minolta which I would like
8 > automounted to /mnt/camera (or even /media/camera)
9 >
10 > If only pmount.allow would allow for a <device> <label to use>. But as
11 > it seems that would make life to simple eg. less interesting..;)
12
13 pmount.allow only specifies which devices may be automounted. When
14 mounting, pmount gets the name from either the disk's volume name or the
15 device. Does your camera use a removable memory card? If so, try putting
16 it in a card reader and setting the volume name with mkdosfs or mtools.
17 My camera formats the card with a volume name of CANON_EOS, so it is
18 mounted at /media/CANON_EOS.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Q How many screws are there in a lesbians coffin?
25 A None. It's all tongue and groove.