From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mail cannot send emails (trying to use it with smartd)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:28:26
1 On Thu, 02 Apr 2020 07:03:01 -0400,
2 Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
3 >
4 > On Wednesday, April 1, 2020 10:20 AM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >
6 > > On 2020-04-01 03:51, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > why can't `mail` send emails? below is some info.
9 > >
10 > > Normally the mail program works by execing /usr/sbin/sendmail to to the
11 > > hard part :-P Do you have it? It doesn't have to be the "real"
12 > > sendmail - any MTA program you install usually makes a symlink from
13 > > /usr/sbin/sendmail to itself.
14 >
15 > i got sendmail around. but didn't do any configurations.
16 >
17 > what's the minimum configuration to do? i'm really not
18 > planning anything ultra-professional. i hope it to send
19 > an email the shameless style (just send an smtp message
20 > to the smtp server where my email is hosted)
24 Try ssmtp package, I think it will do what you want.
27 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
28 How do
29 you spend it?
30
31 John Covici wb2una