From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting USB sticks automagically.
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:38:55
1 On Friday, 20 December 2019 13:25:44 GMT Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
2 > Mick,
3 >
4 > On Friday, 2019-12-20 11:46:43 +0000, you wrote:
5 > > ...
8 I
9 > >
10 > > don't use this desktop to be able to advise further, but generally I would
11 > > try to run the command as a plain user while keeping an eye on the
12 > > terminal, syslog, and xorg.0.log, for any messages pointing to the
13 > > underlying problem.
14 > Erm, which command precisely are you suggesting to run as a plain user?
15 >
16 > Sincerely,
17 > Rainer
18
19 Whichever command the xface desktop is running when you select Suspend/
20 Hibernate using the GUI. I expect it is using dbus-send with
21 org.freedesktop.UPower to Suspend/Hibernate. I can't try it on my desktop at
22 the moment, because I'm in the middle of something I can't pause.
25 Regards,
26
27 Mick