From: Erwin Lang <lang.erwin@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portage bugs?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:20:58
1 hi!
2
3 During installation of a new system I recognised two things:
4
5 1) `emerge -e system' aborted two times.
6
7 * The first time the command autoconf was missing so I manually installed the package autoconf.
8 * The second time the command aclocal was missing so I manually installed the package automake (which contains aclocal)
9
10 I tried `emerge -ep system' an the two packages (autoconf and automake) are mentioned in the list of packages which portage will install. But it seems that portage installs them to late.
13 2) after `emerge -e system' I tried to install the following packages:
14 `emerge -va reiserfsprogs lvm2 syslog-ng vixie-cron postfix'
15
16 vixie-cron needs an mta and tries to install ssmtp - which conflicts with postfix. portage didn't recognised that I mentioned an mta on command line.
17
18 I worked around by mentioning postfix before vixie-cron on command line:
19 `emerge -va reiserfsprogs lvm2 syslo-ng postfix vixie-cron'
20
21 Then portage recognised postfix and didn't try to install another mta.
22
23 Shouldn't portage be smart enough to solve this by itself?
24
25 greetings
26 erwin