From: Naiani Rosa de Barros <naiani.princess@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcam recommendation
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:54:28
1 On Jan 30, 2008 2:28 AM, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com> wrote:
4 > On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 21:52 -0700, Mike Diehl wrote:
7 > On Saturday 26 January 2008 09:28:23 pm forgottenwizard wrote:
8 > > On 16:13 Sat 26 Jan , Mike Diehl wrote:
9 > > > I'm looking for an inexpensive USB webcam that works with both Linux and
10 > > > Windoze. Something that I can pick up at Walmart or Circuit City would
11 > > > be best.
12 > >
13 > > I think the Logitech Quickcam is the general answer to that question. I
14 > > think the cheap one is around 30-40US, though.
15 >
16 > Yup, works like a champ. Had to go get the driver, but once I did, it just
17 > stood up. And it doesn't look TOO bad, either. It's not TV quality, but it
18 > is good enough.
21 > I just gotten a very inexpensive webcam to work. It's a no-brand USD15
22 > webcam using the gspcav1 driver.
23 >
24 > I think this is the one.
25 > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2023/2182061881_b3f5174065_o.jpg
30 Since you guys are talking about webcams on Linux, I'd like to know if
31 anyone has ever tried the Creative Live! Cam Voice on Linux, or at
32 least knows if it's possible to use it. I'd like to be able to use it
33 at least on Linux, since it doesn't have stable drivers for Win Vista
34 and I'm not willing to install the beta version yet (too much data I
35 can't afford to lose right now). Since I bought my new laptop, my cam
36 is sitting in my desk drawer, and it was way too expensive to remain
37 this way.
38
39 Thanks!
40