From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] java lib/ext question
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:24:58
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm attempting to install the postgis plugin for openjump and it says
4 to copy the driver jar file to {jre}/lib/ext. This does not feel like
5 the correct approach given how the java jdks are installed on gentoo (/
6 opt/sun-jdk-n.n.n.n). I'd expect any changes within the jdk directory
7 structure would be lost with the first version bump.
8
9 Ideally I would expect a symbolic link to a slot based location for
10 lib/ext, but am not even seeing a default lib/ext directory.
11
12 So is there a best practice for handling system vm extensions?
13
14 Is there a wiki or documentation for working with gentoo's java
15 environment?
16
17 TIA,
18 Roy