From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple addresses/routes for one ethernet card possible?
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 08:23:15
1 On Saturday, 24 October 2020 04:55:54 -00 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > After an outage on VDSL last month, I got a backup 10/1 cable
3 > subscription backup. Switching is a bit of a hassle. In addition to
4 > swapping cables, I have to run dhcpcd as root or sudo when swithching
5 > from VDSL to cable. Switching back I have to run "dhcpcd -x", copy over
6 > my backup of /etc/resolve.conf, and run "/etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart".
7
8 I can't help with the other things, but '/etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart' will
9 create a new /etc/resolv.conf, overwriting what you've just written.
12 Regards,
13 Peter.