From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading without breaking LVM
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:57:14
1 On Wednesday 18 June 2008, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:46:25PM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
3 > > Which versions are you using, to which shall they be updated and on
4 > > which arch are you? Knowing emerge --info and your profile might
5 > > also help.
6 >
7 > Thanks for the reply.
8 >
9 > Ok, versions in use:
10 >
11 > lvm2-2.02.10
12 > mdadm-2.6.4-r1
13 > udev-104-r12
14
15 Hang on a minute ....
16
17 Those are stable packages. IIRC you are using baselayout-2 right?
18
19 I'm not surprised you are having trouble. What happens if you mark lvm2,
20 mdadm and udev unstable and re-merge? Does it just update those
21 packages, or does it pull in a ton of other stuff as well?
22
23 AFAIK, there isn't an easy way to downgrade baselayout, and I wouldn't
24 like to try either....
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list