From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] monitor acting strangely when gdm starts
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:39:33
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 18 February 2011 10:35:15 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi. I have a Nvidia GeFORCE 8400 gs and when I am using the text
5 > > console and frame buffer (uvesafb) things are OK, but when I start gdm,
6 > > the monitor acts as though it was disconnected altogether. It works
7 > > under Windows through a KVM, so I am pretty sure the monitor is OK, but
8 > > I don't understand what happens when gdm starts. I have
9 > > Nvidia-drivers-260.19.36 but even some earlier versions I try give the
10 > > same result. Is my card going or what?
11 > >
12 > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
13 >
14 > Have you followed this?
15 >
16 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
17 >
18 > and are you using KMS?
19 I have not changed the config from working to non-working -- if it will
20 help I can post it. I am not sure what kms is -- I use gnome as the
21 desktop.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici