From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge conflict
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 07:52:28
1 On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 08:41:56 +0200, Kai Krakow wrote:
2
3 > > What makes you think I didn't use -p? I have a cron job that runs
4 > > emerge -pXXX @world after syncing and mails me the output, and I
5 > > always use -a when running emerge in a shell.
6 >
7 > You could also try porticron... ;-)
8
9 I could but I've been running this script on several machines for many
10 years and it does just what I want and has evolved along with portage. I
11 may take a look at porticron to see if there's anything else I want but
12 didn't know it ;-)
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but
19 that's not why we do it. Richard Feynman