From: Jonatan Antoni <jantoni@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia hangs Xorg
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:58:29
1 Hy there,
2
3 I'm playing around with the nvidia kernel-modules and glx-drivers for x11 for a while.
4 First all works fine, but using mozilla-firefox crashes the x-server after a while. Let
5 me give you an example: Running firefox works, going to google as well, but going to
6 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors and click the link "4.1 Moving focus between screens"
7 hangs the display. I can still move around the mouse-cursor, but everything else is locked.
8
9 Logging in to my system remotely by ssh, I can find the X-proccess taking nearly 100 percent
10 of cpu-time. By restarting xdm the X-system comes back correctly.
11
12 Now I'm back using the default nv-driver of the xorg-project, because that's the only way of sending
13 this email without x11 hangs. In the future I want to use the dual-head function of my geforce fx5200
14 for a video-beamer. Is there another way without using the original nvidia drivers or has somebody
15 a hint about that nasty error?
16
17 thx,
18 jonatan
20 Verschicken Sie romantische, coole und witzige Bilder per SMS!
21 Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail: http://f.web.de/?mc=021193
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list