From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 300GB HD
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:50:54
1 Teresa and Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > It is really rare that I have a drive to go out. Maybe I'm just lucky.
4 > <shrugs > I do have a few drives that are over a decade old and some a
5 > couple decades old.
8 I have owned dozens of drives over the years. The only reliable brands
9 that I have used are Western Digital, IBM and Seagate.
10
11 I have tried Maxtor three separate times. Twice the drive failed
12 withing three months, and in both cases, the receipt magically
13 disappeared with the box that *somebody* threw out. The last drive in
14 just over one year (not willing to mail it in for the return of $40 ...
15 lots of important data that needs cleansing first). I swear to GOD that
16 I will NEVER buy another Maxtor!
17
18 :-)
19
20 Seagates are awesome ... 5 year warrantee to boot!
21
22 Tom Veldhouse
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list