From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Managing multiple Gentoo systems
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:11:16
1 On 2 July 2011, at 23:14, Grant wrote:
2
3 > After a frustrating experience with a Linksys WRT54GL, I've decided to
4 > stick with Gentoo routers.
5
6 Out of curiosity, could you tell us more about this experience?
7
8 The WRT54G(L) is quite dated, and the OpenWRT devs recommend against trying to do anything fancy on it.
9
10 In another post you mentioned that you have a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND, which is a bunch newer, I think, and should run OpenWRT quite well.
11
12 Even if you were to use an Atom-based Gentoo system, I'm sure it would use more power than an ARM- or MIPS-based commodity router - perhaps twice as much.
13
14 Stroller.